Cloud phone system popularity has exploded in the small business market. Business owners no longer have to settle for expensive legacy phone solutions that carry a heavy cap X. The functionality of Cloud IP systems far surpasses the ability of legacy systems, is easy to maintain, cost effective and simplifies your telco closet. A cloud based system lets you connect over the Internet through traditional and modern communication devices, making communication with clients more efficient, flexible, and affordable. Here are 5 compelling reasons to make the change to cloud.
- Cost Effective - In most cases making a change to a cloud based system and getting all new phones can be done with zero out of pocket expense using the same monthly cost you already pay for your local phone bill. Because the phones are included with the service you have no capital expense and your phone numbers are ported from your current provider to the cloud provider meaning your traditional phone bill goes away. Get a free cost comparison summary
- No more messy phone closet - Most businesses today have a closet somewhere with all kinds of legacy equipment and wiring mounted on a board. There are typically old analog punch down blocks and all kinds of other wiring items strung all over the place. Many businesses have the old phone system mounted on the wall right next to the new obsolete one. It all takes up space and most of them look like a rats nest. With Cloud PBX none of that is necessary. In fact most of the time it is removed from the wall and thrown out. The brains of a cloud based system lives, well….in the cloud (usually the providers data center) and all you need is a data networking switch and your internet router. All your new phones will connect to the switch and communicate with the provider over your internet connection. Faxes will now run over the internet as well and you no longer need to keep that extra $40 a month line just for the occasional fax. In fact even alarms lines these days are not necessary because the new alarms run over the cell phone network using wireless data.
- Agility - Many small business owners wear a lot of hats and have to be in many different places. Imagine if you could get your office calls on your cell phone using a mobile app. You no longer have to forward calls and guess at whose calling. With a mobile application you cell phone can differentiate between business calls and personal calls. You no longer have to give out your personal cell number because callers can reach you from your office number anywhere you want. Imagine having the flexibility of a single shared voicemail system so your personal voicemail can be separate from your business. Imagine being able to text the computer screen of one of your managers while your off site and being able to help them solve a customer issue without needing to be there or take a call. All of this agile flexibility is available in a cloud PBX. These are just a few examples but the possibilities are nearly limitless because you are no longer strapped to an analog or digital world. An IP based cloud pbx offers so much more than legacy solutions.
- Simplified maintenance and trouble shooting - In the legacy systems if your system has a problem you call a technician and schedule a time for him to come out. Its $100 or more per hour while he troubleshoots the problem. Sometimes that technician will determine that the system has no problem but your phone service does. He'll leave a bill on your desk and tell you to call the phone company. You then have a similar experience with them only find you have wasted 2 days wrestling the phone issue and paid out hundreds of dollars on its solution. With a Cloud PBX there is virtually no local equipment to trouble shoot. The brains of the system live with the provider so the provider gives 24 x7 support over the phone and will trouble shoot remotely for free. If a phone goes bad they ship out a replacement. If the system has an issue they fix it at no cost to you. If your network and internet has an issue they can quickly identify it and direct you to the internet provider and they will gladly assist in testing with the Internet provider if needed. The best part is that even if you are down locally and have no internet or phones. Your system is still up and functional in the cloud. You can simply get on your cell phone and log in to your system and re-route calls until the issue is resolved. The whole thing is seem-less to your customers and much easier to resolve.
- Limited or no IT resources needed - Many businesses have limited or no IT professionals - and those that do typically have two or fewer. IT is responsible for many mission critical systems and often do not have experience in voice communications. In a cloud system voice is simplified and IT can manage the system from a web application and leave the technical detail to experts in the cloud. Companies with no IT support can lean on 24/7 cloud technician support who will manage the system for you at no additional cost.
All businesses can now experience the benefits of a technologically-advanced Cloud PBX phone system. Productivity can increase with Cloud PBX functionality. Telco closets can become simplified, clean an manageable with Cloud and your phone solution can be managed remotely simplify maintenance and reducing its cost.